My career started in movies and TV, mostly with my writing television for kids. Eventually, cartoons led to commercials before I joined a start-up, wrote some videos that garnered a few million views, and turned back to creating integrated campaigns at some of the world's premiere agencies.
I've been honored to participate in campaigns that have received a mess of awards for some of the world's biggest brands, recognition from the mainstream press, and gallery space in the British Museum. And when I'm not leading teams, concepting across platforms, or rousing the rabble, I tour internationally with the Afro-Soul band, Ikebe Shakedown.
Let's connect and create something exceptional.
Freelance CD/CW (72andSunny, TBWA\Chiat\Day, Saatchi LA, 360i, R/GA, Razorfish, SidLee, CO:Collective, Fake Love, mcgarrybowen, Translation, Mekanism, DigitasLBi, Decon, Comedy Central, etc.)
• February, 2011 — Present
• Clients: Oscar Mayer, YouTube, VICE, Citi, Planters Peanuts, GE, Verizon, Oreo, American Express, Cadillac, Chase, The North Face, MetLife, Ford, Converse, Samsung, Activision, SONOS, Odwalla, Quiksilver, Emirates Airlines, DHL, Veuve Clicquot, Crown Royal, Aussie, Fiber One, American Eagle, GSK, Optimum
• Everything from creating concepts to directing shoots for integrated, TV, digital, and print campaigns
• Leading teams of varying sizes on pitches and produced work
Lead Writer (Contract), Google
· October, 2017— August, 2018
· Wrote lessons for Google Primer, a free mobile app that teaches marketing, management, and more through fun interactions and zero jargon
· Created social and marketing content to promote the app to users in the U.S., India, Indonesia, Brazil, and Latin America.
Creative Director (Freelance), MRM/McCann
· November 2016 — May 2017
· Created, produced, and launched Staples’ 4th tagline and brand campaign in 30 years (“It’s Pro Time”)
Creative Director (Freelance), Publicis
· September 2015 — November 2016
· Crafted and oversaw production of Citi’s 360 campaign for the 2016 Olympics
Interim Executive Creative Director, The Engine Group
· May — August, 2015
· Led creative for multiple Unilever brands
· Responsible for creative solutions, staffing decisions, and day-to-day creative management
Staff Writer, Howcast.com
· December 2009 — January 2011
· Clients: GE, Foursquare, Home Depot, Kodak, HP, Yahoo!, AOL, Boxee, etc.
· Pitched, researched, and wrote online video content, totaling over 12 million views
Staff Writer, Nickelodeon
· June 2007 — July 2008
· Created on-air promos for episodic programming, movies, network specials, and series launches
· Developed and wrote all on-air and online content for the interstitial special Nickelodeon's W.A.C.K.
Creative Assistant, Twin Padres Productions
· June 2004 — June 2006
· Provided edits and research for feature film projects and coverage on materials submitted for development
EVEN MORE WRITING
· Skunk Fu! — Episode "The Art of Turtle Watching," airing worldwide on Cartoon Network, BBC, and Canal J
· Viking Exhibition — Video displayed at museums across Europe (including The British Museum) through 2015
· The Last Stand of Chuck Norris — Contributor to the fourth book in this New York Times best-selling series
· The Blue Man Group — On-air promos for How to be a Megastar 2.1 international arena tour
· LoftLife Magazine — Travel feature The Design Winds of Chicago
Yale University — New Haven, CT, 2000 – 2004
· Bachelor of Arts with Honors in History
· Thesis – Transition and Development in African American Sitcoms of the 1970s and 1980s
CLIO Awards, The One Show, Cannes Lions, Effie Awards, FAB Awards, SABRE Awards, Shorty Awards, Buzz Awards, New York Festivals, Project ISAAC Awards, Creative Media Awards, Digiday Awards, and more
The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, NPR, Creativity, AdWeek, Business Insider, Gawker, Mashable, PC Magazine, New York Magazine, Google Creative Sandbox, Wait, Wait Don't Tell Me..., Who Wants to be a Millionaire?, and more
· Performances include: Bonnaroo 2018, Austin City Limits 2018, Bowery Ballroom, Brooklyn Steel, Montreal Jazz Festival
· TV/Movie Placements include: Eastbound and Down, The Blacklist, Our Brand is Crisis, The New Normal
· Ad placements include: MINI Cooper, Vans, Converse