I started in movies and TV, trending towards writing television for kids. Eventually, cartoons led to commercials before I joined a start-up, wrote some videos that garnered a few million views, and turned back to creating integrated campaigns and leading teams at some of the world's premiere agencies (you know who you are).
Now, my work's been honored with a mess of awards, recognized by the mainstream press, and featured in the British Museum. And when I'm not concepting across platforms, I tour internationally with the Afro-Soul band, Ikebe Shakedown.
I'm Dave Bourla, dammit. Let's create something exceptional.
Want to talk about the 300-person protest I led in Times Square? Or Yale's copy of the Guttenberg Bible? Or how the integrated brand experience is developing in the age of wearable tech? Or do you just want me to listen to you while nodding thoughtfully? Hit me up.
FREELANCE CD/CW (72andSunny, Chiat\Day, 360i, Razorfish, CO:Collective, MGB, Translation, Mekanism, LBi, Decon, Comedy Central, etc.)
• February 2005 - Present
• Everything from creating concepts to directing shoots for integrated, TV, digital, and print campaigns
• Leading teams of varying sizes on pitches and produced work
• Clients: Oscar Mayer, YouTube, VICE, Planters Peanuts, GE, Verizon, Oreo, American Express, Chase, The North Face, MetLife, Ford, Converse, Samsung, Activision, SONOS, Odwalla, Quiksilver, Emirates Airlines, DHL, Crown Royal, Aussie, Fiber One, American Eagle, Nicorette
EVEN MORE WRITING
· Skunk Fu! — Episode "The Art of Turtle Watching," airing worldwide on Cartoon Network, BBC, and Canal J
· Viking Exhibition — Video displayed at museums across Europe (including The British Museum) through 2015
· The Last Stand of Chuck Norris — Contributor to the fourth book in this New York Times best-selling series
· The Blue Man Group — On-air promos for How to be a Megastar 2.1 international arena tour
· LoftLife Magazine — Travel feature The Design Winds of Chicago
· December 2009 - January 2011
· Clients: GE, Foursquare, Home Depot, Kodak, HP, Yahoo!, AOL, Boxee, etc.
· Pitched, researched, and wrote online video content, totaling over 12 million views
· June 2007 - July 2008
· Created on-air promos for episodic programming, movies, network specials, and series launches
· Developed and wrote all on-air and online content for the interstitial special Nickelodeon's W.A.C.K.
TWIN PADRES PRODUCTIONS
· June 2004 - June 2006
· Provided edits and research for feature film projects and coverage on materials submitted for development
YALE UNIVERSITY — New Haven, CT, 2000 – 2004
· Bachelor of Arts with Honors in History
· Thesis – Transition and Development in African American Sitcoms of the 1970s and 1980s
CLIO Awards, The One Show, Cannes Lions, Effie Awards, FAB Awards, SABRE Awards, Shorty Awards, Buzz Awards, New York Festivals, Project ISAAC Awards, Creative Media Awards, Digiday Awards, and more
The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, NPR, Creativity, AdWeek, Business Insider, Gawker, Mashable, PC Magazine, New York Magazine, Google Creative Sandbox, Wait, Wait Don't Tell Me..., Who Wants to be a Millionaire?, and more
· Latin and African Percussionist for internationally-touring Afro-Soul band since 2008